Well about two weeks ago came a knock at my door and the arrival of my monthly Degustabox snack box. As always packed full of delicious sweets, treats and goodies and oh; was this a great box!
Starting with a few of my favourites – the goodies (sweets, crisps and all that)
1) Willy Chase: apple cider vinegar popcorn – a very strange flavour of “fit” popcorn but very nice and a rather huge (movie share) bag too.
Next two bags of sweets courtesy of Bebeto – cheesecake jelly type sweets and Candy crush soft candy mix which was a colourful sticky assortment of many sweets. These didn’t last long as you can see.
Finally and one of my favourite products from the February box – 3) Maui & Sons chocolate coated banana chips. These were delicious. I don’t normally like dried fruits but dried banana is an exception and when it’s covered in chocolate it’s even better. This is certainly one product that I’ll be looking out for again.
“And then even more snacks!”
5) Ameicanos – The label states perfect with coffee and that’s probably because these are coffee. Coffee beans with dark chocolate coating. They were okay but not really something I’d go out and buy. The coffee taste was slightly overpowering.
“Moving on to the beverages”
Lots of refreshing beverages came in February’s box.
6) Coldpress – A blend of fruity greens in a bottle – kiwi, banana, and a bit of celery and kale all blended together. The taste wasn’t really for me but my 9 year old daughter loved it.
7) Just Bee – This one is honey water with blueberry flavour and a natural antioxidant. I did not taste any honey in this drink and the blueberry flavour was fairly weak but tasteable. The drink on the whole is extremely refreshing and seems to be a real thirst quencher so these would be good for Summer bbqs.
8) Double Dutch – Cucumber and watermelon sparkling tonic. There are other varieties of course and all come in glass bottles. They are designed as mixers to have with a gin or vodka or any other tipple. However once again my daughter Jordanna; spotted this drink and asked if she could try it (minus any added alcohol of course). I tried it too and for a drink which contains cucumber it isn’t too bad at all. The fizziness makes it all the more better.
9) Blossom Hill – Oh the excitement when I pulled this bottle out of the box! It’s wine and fruity bubbly “rosé” type wine too, my absolute favourite. Their fruit bloom wine is just 5.5% and has hints of summer fruits. A sweet fruity refreshing taste.
10) Koko dairy free – Its a milk alternative aimed mainly at people who can’t; for whatever reason drink regular cows milk. This one is made from freshly pressed coconut milk. The overall taste isn’t too bad – I’ve certainly tried worse milk alternatives. It does however claim to be similar to cows milk and suitable for use in hot drinks such as coffee and tea. This is where I have to disagree: and it may just be my opinion, but! It just does not taste right in a hot drink or on a bowl of cereal.
“And last but not least!”
These are what I call the “cupboard” items or if I’m being old fashioned – the “pantry” stock. Those tins and packets that can be stored for a while. I often find 2/3 items in most of my Degustaboxes, some great, some not so good and some that last ages.
11) Heinz – Yes its beans, love them or hate them but us Brits seem to go through millions of the tiny orange things. These mini tins are a new no added sugar recipe. I don’t mind the smaller tins, in fact I prefer them because the bigger tins end up being wasted as only my two girls really eat them in our house.
12) Willy’s apple cider vinegar – This was an extra free sample item included in Feb’s box. If I’m being totally honest I have absolutely no idea how or on what to use this stuff. I don’t think it’s the sort of thing to shake onto my fish and chips. I have read somewhere on the internet that it has a fair few health benefits as well as perhaps being used in some sort of cooking. The brand “Willy’s” being William Chase.
13) Kabuto – Its noodles, rice noodles to be exact. One of those on the go type pots that gets filled with hot water. Slightly spicy, not really something I eat myself but my daughter loves them.
And that concludes my February Degustabox reveal. All those goodies for just £12.99 a month, full sized products too and no tiny samples. Postage is free so sign up today at Degustabox UK.