I was left very happy after opening up my Degustabox this month. It’s possibly one of the best ones I’ve had. Lots of yummy treats which we have all enjoyed.
1) Cadbury’s dairy milk Oreo – I found two bars in my box, one being peanut butter and the other mint. I had the peanut butter and Jordanna had the mint one to herself as I’m not a fan. These bars combine the tastes of dairy milk, Oreo and flavours together.
2) Jelly bean factory – Certainly one for my kids. I don’t think I got to try a single one and there are apparently 36 flavours inside the box.
3) £onepounders chocolate eclairs – Called £onepounders because they cost just a pound. Many more £1 sweet bags to choose from too.
4) Pipers crisps – I have tried Pipers before but not this cider vinegar and sea salt flavour. They don’t contain any sort of cider so don’t let the name put you off. It’s a unique flavour and differs from the usual salt & vinegar. Pipers crisps are full of flavour and chunky real round crisps, hardly any crumbs or small bits at the bottom and a good sized share bag too.
And of course lots of refreshing drinks to try!
5) Gusto organic lemon drink – I am always a little dubious with unknown organic drinks in glass bottles. I’ve tried a few and some of them from previous Degustaboxes and they have not always been that nice. This one, I’m pleased to say is nice, very nice actually. It’s pleasantly refreshing, sparkling and fruity. Best served chilled of course.
6) Rebel kitchen chocolate mylk – No it’s not a spelling mistake it’s how this drink is spelt. Rebel mylk products are dairy free. They are made with coconut milk and added ingredients to flavour such as cocoa. For a drink that is dairy free, this tastes very good indeed. A different taste to a regular chocolate milk drink but just as good.
7) Naturelly – I was unsure whether to add this to the drinks section or the snack section as it can be a drink or jelly snack. Unfortunately ours had leaked a little in the box so there wasn’t too much of it left. It’s suitable for youngsters aged one year and over so probably more a healthy type drink/snack for toddlers than adults or bigger kids.
8) Weetabix on the go – I was glad to find two of these. I was feeling a little unwell, sore throat and sniffles and was in need of a cool refreshing milky drink or two. Now I hate weetabix, detest the stuff. To be honest I don’t like cereal full stop, never eat the stuff but weetabix is definitely at the bottom end for me. These drinks do not in any way taste like weetabix, they just happen to be made by the same people. They don’t need to just be for breakfast either and of course they are pretty healthy too.
Now for some cupboard treats: in other words those bottles, tubs, tins, tubes and packets that can be stored in my cupboards for a while!
9) Heinz: (seriously) good sauces – I did not realise Heinz did stuff like this, I am more used to beans and baby food from them. I think there are a few varieties which come in glass jars. I was lucky to get this creamy pepper sauce, which of course is just perfect for steak.
The sauce is ready to use from the jar and can be heated if required. It saves me the job of making it from a packet, which usually ends up burnt in a pan.
10) Maldon smoked sea salt flakes – okay so it’s salt, probably not the most interesting thing but it is good for cooking with and especially fish dishes. I coat fish fillets in this stuff prior to cooking and it helps bring out the flavours. The salt is like little crystals. It’s also good on chicken.
And I also had two cans of cider in my box being from Caple road & Purity brewing:pure hopped. I don’t drink cider and have not done for years. An extremely drunken episode in my younger days put me off for life so I did not drink these but passed them to a friend who does so at least they have not been wasted.
This has been one damn good Degustabox this month. I hope next months is just as good or even better.
And if you want a Degustabox to try them head on over to Degustabox uk. You can also find them on social media channels and view what others think of their boxes too. @DegustaboxUK, Instagram- @degustabox_uk, and Facebook.